Infrastructure Manager – Gender Aware Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (GASWASH) @ South Sudan
- Post Date:February 11, 2021
- Apply Before: April 12, 2021
- Views 50
Experience Level: 10+ Years
Degree Required: Bachelor’s (Or Equivalent)
Tetra Tech International Development Services, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Infrastructure Manager position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in South Sudan.
The purpose of the South Sudan Gender Aware Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Activity (GASWASH) is to expand gender-sensitive sustainable access to basic safe drinking water, basic sanitation coverage, and increase uptake of key hygiene behaviors to improve health and household resilience in accordance with USAID’s South Sudan strategy. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract.
The Infrastructure Manager must be an experienced and independent professional who helps the project meet its goals and objectives by designing and managing the construction activities in a timely manner. S/he must provide expert guidance to both the Chief of Party (COP) as well as construction Subcontractors. S/he will also interact extensively with the South Sudanese stakeholders.
- Develop strong partnerships with state, county, and local governments to build stakeholder capacity to plan, oversee, and monitor the construction of new and rehabilitated water supply and sanitation infrastructure;
- Manage engineering design and tendering process;
- Supervise day-to-day construction activities for the GASWASH Activity;
- Integrate planning, oversight, and monitoring with government administration, and introduce improvements such as a demand responsive site selection approach, balancing between community needs and capacity to operate and maintain investments;
- Ensure water infrastructure investments are focused on community systems strengthening and include nearby schools and/or health facilities;
- Ensure that water infrastructure investments are sensitive to gender roles, incorporate input from women, men, youth, children, and vulnerable groups, and empower all users to utilize, operate, and maintain facilities;
- Develop and employ new and locally appropriate, innovative, supportive approaches to achieve O&M sustainability and provide innovative solutions to both preventive and corrective maintenance needs in complex environments, including in any schools or health facilities where infrastructure has been rehabilitated or constructed;
- Engage the private sector and social enterprises to support WASH system management;
- Foster the private sector’s role in WASH supply chains, market linkages, and construction, including where the public sector has begun to phase out large scale subsidization of the spare part supply chain and transition toward a commercialized national and sub-national supply chain with ample focus on reliable, high-quality pumps and parts;
- Support the COP in preparing annual workplans, quarterly progress reports, and all other major project deliverables;
- Ensure that all contract policies, practices, and procedures are in compliance with USAID’s performance monitoring requirements and guidelines;
- Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national, and municipal levels;
- Contribute to ensuring the quality of project outputs and provide technical guidance to field teams;
- Support the COP in identifying and acquiring needed human resources, including technical short-term experts;
- Specific responsibilities may be subject to alteration as project needs are defined throughout the contract period; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the COP.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in small scale infrastructure development;
- At least 5 years of experience in low-cost, context-appropriate infrastructure design and management of the related procurements;
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering;
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in the United States;
- Prior experience implementing international development projects and/or USAID-funded projects is highly preferred;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required.
Related Jobs (9)
WASH AND SHELTER PROJECT MANAGER @ GAZA – PALESTINE on March 3, 2021 Full Time
Customer Service Support Specialist @ Ashland OH USA on February 22, 2021 Full Time
Rehabilitation/Infrastructure and WaSH Coordinator @ Erbil – Iraq on February 12, 2021 Full Time